Sunday, January 3, 2010

Time Flies


Well, the new year has officially snuck up on me and here it is already the 3rd. On this third day of two thousand ten, my family was together! We slept in, ate breakfast together and then daddy got called out to work! Ahhh, it is true - life just marches on! lol

Regan was more upset than usual, but Daddy got an extended amount of time home and over the holidays no less. So letting go was a little harder this time. Not to mention they only gave him about an hour notice!

The past few days I had not been able to sit down and write this entry. I really wasn't even sure where to start! lol But now that I am sitting here, I guess we should start at the top!

2009 started off a little rough for us! After only a few months of moving into our house we had built, Bub was laid off. Very bad timing to say the least! lol But we managed! Income taxes were on their way and Bub got hired on at Haliburton before he ended up getting rehired at Tetra! Everything ended well, but what a pain in the ass and not to mention a perfect way to screw up our finances in two short months! lol

Bub and I celebrated 7 years of marital bliss in March and Regan turned the big 5 over the summer and started Kindergarten in the fall! Man, now there was an adjustment for this family! At that point all things changed for us! No more weekly playgroup events and getting to do things when we wanted! No more week day vacations on a whim!

Regan took to school well and really loves it. I think Bub and I had the hardest time adjusting to the new situation! lol

One new thing this year was being introduced to some extended family! This has been both good and bad. As with everything, I just take it for what it's worth and try to remember that just because I am related to someone does not mean that they have to be in my life! Hell, I didn't know them for 30 years........guess I wasn't missing much! lol Thankfully there are all different branches to my family tree! Ones I intend to reach out to soon and am hoping like hell they are branched a little closer to the type of "family" that is more like me! :o)

And speaking of family, it appears I can predict one event we'll be having sometime in August! :o)

I guess when I look back, we have had a pretty blessed year! One without death, thank God! Because the previous 3 years have been full of loss and I am not sure how much more I can take!

We are all happy and healthy and Bub's work has been going very well this year! We are supposed to close on the rent house sometime this month, so that will be a great burden off of us. Our renters bailed on us in October, so we've been paying two mortgages since then and honestly - it SUCKS! lol But soon that will be over! So, so far the new year has started out good! :o)

My hope for the coming year is that Bub continue to have success with Tetra, Regan continues to do well in school and learns to read soon. She wants to be able to fully read so badly! I cannot wait till the light bulb goes off and it all clicks! She will be even more in love with reading! I hope that the next 7ish months are healthy for me. I hope that I will be sitting in a pool all summer with my big belly and my little fish named Regan. I hope that I continue to keep those who care about me and my family close and those that don't.......well you know!

I hope everyone is ready for the new year and that all your hopes and dreams come true!!

<span class=

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Congratulations!! I was so lost when you said an event in August. LOL