Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Holidays - Good Riddence!

I have always been a lover of the Holidays.......that is until the last few years!

To me the Holidays are a time for Family and Friends and Charity and Togetherness, and these past few years it has lost all the magic for me! I assume it has all gone downhill since my Mamaw died! Once we moved here the only real Family time we all had revolved around the Holidays. And since I am all about family, I looked forward to these together times! Since Mamaw passed, what little bit of family we had, was torn into two. Now our Holiday celebrations seem to be just a passing. We do see each other, but it's not the same! Nothing has ever been the same!

In Oregon, once Bub and I bought our house we made the Holidays what they were! We did Thanksgiving and Christmas every year and we brought our families together (I think). It was an all day thing. Lots of food and togetherness. We talked and played games and just spent the day enjoying each other! I miss this! I miss this SO much!

Every year starting in October I look forward to Christmas coming. But the past few year the anticipation soon disappears as it gets closer. I guess part of what makes Christmas has been missing! Last year to start a new tradition Bub and I took Regan and we went to St Joseph's Diner, which is like a soup kitchen. We went Christmas morning and served a Christmas Lunch to families who normally do without. It was a great experience. We all enjoyed our time there and planned to make it a yearly tradition! Later that afternoon we went to see a family movie!

This year we intended to do the same thing. Only this year between how I had been feeling and the fact that Regan kept Bub up all night, we were unable to make it! I was very disappointed! But we tried! I would say there is always next year, but unless we have family in town for Christmas, we won't be able to do this for another 4 or so years! But when we can, we will start again!

Anyways! Our Holiday was good though, because we were together! We didn't expect to have Bub home, so I was very grateful it had worked out in our favor! The holidays are definitely not the same without Daddy!!

So below is a few pictures of our Christmas.........


Christmas Eve at the Pellerin's


Christmas Morning












I am truly grateful for so many things this year! We have been so very blessed! I hate that I have such a sour feeling about the Holidays, but maybe next year things will change! At least I have a whole year before we have to do it all over again! LOL


Photobucket

2 comments:

Wife and Mother to the Frederick Comedians said...

I am just happy for you and Regan that Bub was home for Christmas!

Jenn D. said...

that last picture is priceless! I love it! So glad Bub was able to be in.