Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Number Two





When Regan was about 1, everyone - including people I didn't even know would ask "so when are you having your next one?". This got old very quickly! lol

I honestly wasn't even ready to "entertain" the thought of having another child until a little after Regan turned 4. Soon after she turned 5 I decided that I was close to deciding on a time to try for #2. Regan is now almost 5 1/2 and I am still a little undecided! This is partially because I would be going through a lot of the pregnancy issues and such alone with a 5 year old. It's scary to think of having another when your husband is only home part of the month. Additionally, there is no guarantee that having a 2nd child is in the cards for us, so I am a little worried that I will decide yes and it will never come to light!! I think deciding yes and then having to fail is far worse than never saying yes.......not sure if that makes sense!

Anyways, ever since Regan started school, I don't know what the deal is but everyone I encounter says to Regan, " ooh, time for momma to make you a baby brother of sister!". I mean, even people I don't know! Like the lady at the Chinese restaurant we frequent. And I mean EVERY time we go she says it!

C'mon, no pressure there! Let's tell the 5 year old that she needs to tell her momma and daddy to get started on the baby brother or sister! lol It really is funny when you think about it, but it's been about 3 months now and I want everyone to get off my back! Hehee!

While I sometimes feel that I am waiting to long, I also have not been ready! And when I start to feel badly I remind myself of how nice things are right now. And how privileged Regan is! I mean, she has my undivided attention! I go to her school every Monday for about 4 hours and help her teacher. I attend all of her field trips and school parties and activities. I also am able to take her to dance and tumbling and whatever other activity she wants to be in. In addition to being her Troop Leader and room mom and the playgroup's organizer!

So for now, even though the pressures of other people get in my head, I am reminding myself daily that the things that I am able to do for and with Regan would not be possible right now if there was a little one here! So maybe for the moment this is what is right for us. For our family. And what Regan needs!! She will have the rest of her life to share us with a brother or sister! This year and this time in her life is hers........And this makes me happy! :o)



Photobucket

No comments: