Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Little People Doing Big Things!

I just had to gush a little!!

As many of you know I am the Girl Scout Troop Leader for Regan's troop. This was not intentional, even given the "organizing" role I play in many of the other aspects in my life. I really swore I wouldn't, but when they said there would be no troop without a leader I said, what the hell.....I can handle one more hat! lol

Anyways, I am finding the bonus to being the Troop Leader is that I am able to 1, set the schedule to suit our hectic life! Thankfully this has happened to also work for all the other parents - so it's definitely and win/win all around! Secondly, I am able to continue my whole charity/fundraising passion within the troop. Thus, fulfilling the purpose of Girl Scouts and helping our community!! :o) I LOVE it!!

So, for our first fun patch I decided the girls could do a canned food drive! We read a book to them about a Food Drive, then explained what they needed to do! I asked each parent to have their child request canned goods from family or friends or walk up and down and ask neighbors.

Well, I of course had no idea how this would turn out - but was happily surprised at the amount donated!

Our 10 little ladies donated a total of 210 pounds of food! It really is a lot!! I was so happy and proud of my girls!!

Regan did really well, as seen by the pictures below.





Here are my girls, well 4 of them couldn't attend the donation, but sent their goods!


Their food is in the basket behind them!!



This picture is them holding their earned patch!!


And after, we took a trip to Kart Ranch to celebrate, have some fun and eat some pizza!!!



I am so very proud of my girls!!

Next month we will be packaging up care packages for the 4 soldiers we adopted!!! Stay tuned!!


Photobucket

No comments: