Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ready for Fall

This week started off great! ....well except for the fact that Bub left out a few days early AGAIN...

Monday I had a date with my friend Jeanne, a whole lot of vegetables, a canner and a dozen jars!

The end result?! I BEAUTIFUL thing call Adzhika! A lovely dip made of tomatoes, red pepper, zucchini, onions, carrots and peppers! De-Lish!!



It was a LOT of works! Lots of chopping and grating and hours and hours of cooking! It was a nice treat to spend that time with a friend doing something I enjoy! I enjoyed chatting it up with her and I always enjoy cooking! All in all it was a fabulous day and we have lots of goodness to show for it!

We already have plans to attempt a new recipe and probably before long do this one again!!


Other than that, I have been sick! It sucks! I haven't been sick if forever it seems! I guess some could say I was due to be a walking germ......I personally think why mess with a good streak! Everyone know moms aren't allowed to be sick! ANd it really sucks to have to do dishes and laundry and wake up at 6:30 to get my kiddo off to school feeling like I've been hit by a truck! Sigh!

Yesterday was my 1st full day of being sick. I basically threw on clothes, got Regan ready and to school, came home watched TV a little, ate some grits, took Nyquil and slept till quarter to 3, which is when I needed to run get Regan from school! Poor kid had mac n cheese for supper followed by a pop tart. I am sure she didn't mind, but you know!

I missed playgroup's potluck and my house stayed a wreck! It sucked! I've done a little so far today on the house, but all in all, I am ready to be 100% and back to my life!! :o(

Moral to this story is, canning the Adzhika and being sick keeps faking me into thinking it's fall! And I am SO ready! I miss fall! It's my favorite season! I am ready for brisk nights, apple cider, Halloween & Thanksgiving, hay rides and corn mazes!! Sigh! :o)



<span class=

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering if you might be willing to share your adzhika recipe? I am trying to find one after having it overseas and really enjoying it! I have one scribbled on a piece of paper, but I am not sure if it is "canning safe" and I would like to make a bunch before winter! My email address is carolyndeboer@hotmail.com thanks!