Monday, August 31, 2009

Just Rude!!


In my humble opinion.........

I think anyone who, at a grocery store, parks their cart BEHIND someone's car should be beaten to a pulp......and maybe set on fire............Hmmph!

I had never encountered this until moving to Louisiana. And keep in mind that was at 26 and I had lived in 7 different states!

People who do this are the rudest, the most inconsiderate, obnoxious pieces of crap! I mean, not putting it in the designated "cart area" I can see that, and have done it on many occasion. Especially when Regan was an infant since walking across the parking lot with my child in the car alone was not an option. But parking a cart behind someone's vehicle knowing that they will have to move it to drive away is just rude and oh so stupid!!

The first time I had dealings with this was about a year after we moved here. Bub and I, living in New Iberia, went to Walmart around Christmas time. We took the long walk to the front of the store since we parked in BFE and as we passed this car we watched this lady park her cart behind this van. I look at Bub and was like "how rude". As we were passing the ladies van we saw a man and a woman each carrying a bike and the other hands full of bags....I realized these were the owners of the van when I saw the defeated and frustrated looks on their faces.

Well, since I was in such the holiday spirit and ran to their van, grabbed the cart really fast and pushed it behind the lady's vehicle as she was putting her car in reverse!

The couple with the arm loads of stuff thanked us and you could tell the lady getting out of her vehicle to move the cart was probably cussing me, but was also a little embarassed as the parking lot full of people watched as she returned the cart to the cart return!

My heart was pounding as we walked into the store. I had never done anything as bold as that, even though I may have wanted to teach someone a lesson like that! I definitely don't regret it and I do hope that the lady realized how rude it was for her to do that. Do I think she learned a lesson? Probably not, but I can hope!

Moral to my story is, be courteous! Even to the people you may never look in the face or encounter!

You rude act or inconsiderate ways really effect others, no matter how small the act! Be aware of how your actions play a role in someone else's lives!! I know this story is about a grocery cart, but in general I think this is a great outlook on life!

No comments: