Saturday, July 18, 2009

Reality


Hello.

My name is Heather Baublit....

And I am addicted to reality TV.....

I am not proud of this addiction, but damn it I LOVE it! LMAO!!!

I really am into reality TV. It was one, maybe two shows that started it all and it was downhill from there! (BB & Survivor)

I have never really been a big TV watcher. It's never been a huge part of my life and I was one of those people that made fun of my friends when they would say "oh, I can't make it that night, my show is on". I was in awe that someone would revolve their life and plans around a show.

I can honestly say that I have never altered my plans to accommodate my TV watching - and yes, this was even before my beloved DVR!

Now, when I was home and Survivor came on I was glued to the TV. Don't call me or mess with me. But I could take it or leave it.

But watching Big Brother and Survivor has turned into watching So You Think You Can Dance, America's Next Top Model, Hell's Kitchen, Top Chef, America's Next Food Network Star, Design Star, Fashion Show, Superstars (thats a new one), American Idol - but only during try outs, Biggest Loser, Amazing Race, Real World Road Rules Challenge.....I've even watched Shear Genius and that pet groomer one! lol And for reasons unknown to me I ended up watching New Jersey Housewives this season! Not to mention I ocassionaly watch those pathetic VH1 shows like Charm School and So-N-So of Love!

Obsessed I tell you! I try to figure out why and I guess it's really a curiosity to watch other people. See them succeed, she the things they'd do or say. People fascinate me, what can I say. Plus reality shows are usually pretty light hearted. No killing and such. It's funny because I love reality shows, but real life reality is a bummer. Thus the reason I do not watch the news......EVER!

So yep, I am addicted to reality television. And since I am still not a big TV person, with the help of my trusty DVR I record the shows I like and watch them when I can or feel like it. Life is good, huh?

And certainly I am not the only one addicted to these shows?! Is there any shows you cannot live without? Maybe something new to me?!

No comments: