Tuesday, July 14, 2009

All Time Favorite

Throughout life everyone will always ask you, "what is your favorite...." whatever it is. Sometimes used as an icebreaker. A great way to start a random conversation with almost anyone. Other times this is how you get to know people. Learning someone's favorite movie, color, food, saying, etc can give great insight about someone.

In my lifetime I have had two "all time" favorite songs. One when I was in Jr High and the other in the last five years or so.

When I was in Jr High life wasn't so grand. I was into the Doors pretty heavily for a few of those years.....posters, poetry books, his book their CDs......well during this time one song really spoke to me and really made me feel....well, I am not sure exactly how it made me feel. But even today as I listen to it, it still bring a certain sense of calm over me. Back then I decided I wanted it played at my funeral and even now at 31, I believe I would still like that. I know that is even weird to say.....but you'd have to know what I went through and where I came from to even start to understand!

Anyways, the song I am referring to is The End - by The Doors




Now about 5 or 6 years ago I fell in love with a, at the time, not even a new song. But I loved it. Still do! I don't really have a real reason for my love of this song. I don't think I'm a creep and don't necessarily relate to the words. I just like the passion behind the song and the feeling I have when I listen to it. So, my true all time favorite song, for whatever reason is Radio Head's Creep!

(I was unable to find a version that didn't have the embed option disabled - bastards - but if you are interesting is checking it out - head here Creep

So I wonder, has everyone narrowed down all of their favorite songs and decided that they have an all time favorite???

No comments: