Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ahh the 5 Year Old!





What is it about 5 year old girls?? Are they God's way of testing ever fiber of a mother's patience, tolerance and pure self restraint?? Okay, that sounds worse than it really is meant, but do you know what I mean!

I mean, even men in the grocery store ask me if she's 5 and attest to the aggravation caused by said 5 year old sassy girls! lol Not moms, MEN!

It does make me feel better knowing that I am not the only one with a very head strong, resistant at ever turn and animated little girl!

She is funny and interesting and smart and imaginative and silly and high energy and sweet and loving and testing and frustrating and vocal and animated and beautiful and sassy and crazy and my daughter!

She can make me look at her crazy one minute, mad as hell the next and then says something too smart for her age that makes me start giggling!

Being a mom to this little lady is a whirl wind of highs and lows and lots of emotions and laughter!!

For instance, I was trying to get Bub to shave his face before a birthday party. He had returned the day before and usually comes home looking pretty rough. Usually he will cave in for Regan so I asked her "Do you like Daddy's face like that?". Without missing a beat she said, "Nope. And I don't like his attitude either!" LMAO! I about fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard!!

But seriously though, these days are rough. I say no you can't, she tells me yes I can. It's pretty hard some days. But I know as with all the years before, this is just another phase!! Here's hoping it is a short lived one!!

I keep joking that I am going to buy a pretty note book to send to school with her so that her teacher will have something pretty to write all of those notes regarding Regan's behavior I know she will be sending home to me! LOL

Regan is a lot like Bub and I it seems. Both of us are hard and fast workers. We used to finish our work quickly and then it was time to talk and play. Regan seems no different than us. She seems to excel at everything and she definitely talks 24/7. I can only imagine what notes we may get from her school!

Now she is definitely not a bad kiddo, but she gets her way so much from so many people. ...family, daycare, friends, strangers at the store..... Not sure she will be able to be the little princess she is used to being when she gets to school! LOL Should be interesting! Stay tuned, Kindergarten is about 3 weeks away....



















Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! Adreine is 6 years old and her sassy phase looks far from being over. She will make me so mad sometimes, and I call my mom to groan about it. Mom laughs and says, "You were the same way at that age."