Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Life & Family

It's been over a week since I last blogged! Wow, I think life just got too busy for me to sit down and write!!

Bub went back to work for Tetra about a month ago. He worked a while at the shop, then he headed offshore! It was only a matter of time and hey, 7 months was VERY nice extended family time!! In the end things got tight, but we were blessed. He was home for the move and all the holidays! It was a blessing! Now he is back out and life has returned to our normal routine!

Regan is still in dance and now T Ball season has started! Her 1st game was yesterday! They played the Astros, it was a good game! All the kids did really good - most hit the ball on first swing too!



y

Next week we are heading to San Antonio with my family! Going to do some visiting and I think we are officially doing Sea World, unless the weather doesn't allow it! Bub and I talked about bringing Regan, so I am a little bummed he will miss out. But there are always other trips! I am excited to get out of town for a little while. I need a break!

Good Friday - Uncle Jr, Papaw, Uncle Chad

Easter weekend was pretty eventful! Friday we had a crawfish boil with the Pellerin side of the family, and then Saturday we went to a boil with the Guidry side. My little cousin (well, not so little really) will be going to Afghanistan in a few months and this was his send off! The Guidry side of my family isn't the side I regularly get to see. Everyone lives in different cities between here and Texas. So it is a special treat to get to spend so much time with them. One because they are family, and two, because they are just beautiful and wonderful people!


David, our Marine


Aunt Lena


Aunt Zoe


Aunt Belle

One special treat from the day was my Aunt Belle singing songs that were written by my grandmother (my mom's mom). She passed away when I was 9 and I have a lot of bottled up emotion regarding all of it. Sometimes I am angry because I know how amazing she was, but as an adult, I was never able to get to know her the way everyone else knew her. I don't remember what her voice sounded like, how she laughed.......and as of recently I have forgotten what she smelled like.

Anyways, here is a song written by my grandmother, sung by my Aunt Belle:


2 comments:

J Dodge said...

Awww, that was really neat!

Kelly said...

OK, the pictures of Regan are TOO cute!! My favorite is the one where she is about to bat.. with her little pink helmet on. Sha baby! :)