Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Evil Delicious Peppers!


Yesterday, like any other Monday Regan had dance class. At 6 pm I was scheduled to help make team packets for the Komen Race for the Cure this Saturday. Well, instead of driving all the way home just to drop off Bub and Regan, we took seperate vehicles. We were going to grab a bite to eat after her class, then they were going to head home while I went volunteer.

So I picked Hub City Diner. One, because it is right around the corner and two, because it's a pretty good place to eat with a wide variety of foods! Plus, we tend to get stuck eating at the same restaurants all the time.

Anyways, I had time to eat only a banana all day. So I was starvin Marvin! I opted to order an appetizer, but didn't decide this until she was standing at our table. Bub and I LOVE stuffed jalapenos. I mean REALLY love them! Bub actually makes his own we he BBQs! So I glance quickly at the appetizers and see "fried jalapenos". I thought Mmmm Yum! I skim over the description and see something about batter, so I'm excited about getting a few peppers before our meal.

Bub and Regan are just coming back from the bathroom when she delivers our appetizer. She sets the heaping basket of peppers down and my jaw literally drops! I then glance over at Bub as he is walking up, eyes widened saying "Oh my word!! Do you see them?!" (my voice might have even cracked at this point!) He asks what and with eyes still widen I exclaim "I ordered a huge basket a battered jalapeno slices!!!". I was scared to death to try one! I am a fan of hot, but not when hot burns your mouth and prevents you from tasting your meal!

So, I tried one. Dipped it in ranch and went for it. Do you know these things were SO good. They were pickled jalapenos, so there was this awesome tang to them! Some of them were pretty warm though. I would decide, okay, last one for me. But then they tasted so good I couldn't resist!

Needless to say two people should never eat a large basket of fried peppers by themselves! Or maybe a large anything of peppers! lol By the time I was finishing up volunteering I was getting shooting pains in my chest and under my ribs! I walked in the house and Bub asked if I was feeling okay. He said his stomach was pretty upset! I had to laugh! I was laughingaaallll the way up until this morning, when I realized that not only did those peppers burn on the way down, they burned on the way out! LMAO! Funny thing is, I think I will be ordering these evil little delicious peppers should I dine at Hub City again!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My hubby loves their fried pickles.

Might see you at the Komen. I'm running too.

Just Being Me said...

Ahh! I hope to see you! I am volunteering in the AM in the survivor tent! If you get a chance come say Hi!