Friday, February 20, 2009

"Moms" Night Out

Me, Kelly, Joy, Jenn, Nataliya & Heather


So last night was our monthly MNO. (Mom's Night Out) Yes, isn't it funny that once you become a mom it isn't "out with the girls"?? I am convinced this is probably because even though we finally head out, leaving the kids at home, every conversation somehow leads to "my kid..." , "when I was pregnant.." , "my little one is so amazing, they......". I crack myself up because not along ago I went to lunch with mostly women who didn't have children. And I found every other sentence that came out of my mouth being about my daughter or being a mom! So when DID I become the "mom" anyways??

At 30 I do not feel remotely my age! I actually forget sometimes exactly how old I am and scoff when people remind me! It is definitely true what they say about being only as old as you feel!

After dinner at Shangri La, 3 of us headed over to the Daiquiri place across the street! It is definitely a college hang out! I'll admit being around "kids" who have very little life experience makes me feel old! I guess that is what happens when you are on your own at 16 and these 21 year olds probably still live at home and don't have a pot to piss in! LOL

Anyways, it was a fun night! They had Karaoke...and it was ladies night! And Jenn, Heather and I got a chance to relax and just hang out!! I got in about a quarter to one and boy did the morning come early! LOL It's easy to forget that there is no sleeping till noon when you are out late when there is a little person who expects an alert momma when she is up in the morning! Thankfully I am not the only one feeling the lack of sleep today....so I am not alone (and neither are you Heather) in the feeling like a Maw-maw! LMAO!!

No comments: