Monday, February 23, 2009

Growing Up!


Well, I am a little bummed today!! Actually, it started about a week or so ago!

Regan is 4 years and 8 months old, give or take a little. And last week she took her very first shower all by herself! What is happening to my little girl?! It seems like not too long ago she was clinging to me and needing me to do everything for her! But slowly she has become Miss Independent and is getting pretty self sufficient. Is this why people have more kids? Do they just get so down about their "little" one not needing them so much anymore??

On top of this new milestone, in the few days I will be going through her closet and taking out all of the winter clothes and everything she has outgrown. The bad thing about this, is the fact that she actually grew out of the majority of her clothing this season. And at almost 5, this is the first time Regan has ever outgrown clothes still in season. She actually usually can still wear her clothes from the previous summer when the next summer rolls around! Where did this spurt come from? And why is it so hard to let my little girl grow up?!

Is it okay to say I hate it? Cause I do! I don't want her to grow up! I know I will miss more and more of these simpler times! Sigh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I learned how to use Blogger! Yay me! I'm terrible with html, I didn't think I could do it.

I SO know how you feel about your little girl! I'm the same way about Adreine. I look at pictures of her when she was littler and think, "What happened? She's growing up too fast!" *sigh* I could cry right now...

So you're not alone, I'm with you!

Just Being Me said...

Glad you finally came to the cool side! ;oP lol

It is really getting to me how much she's growing and how things will never be the same! We did the task of trying on all the old clothes and also all the new clothes we bought today! Oy! She has grown so much!