Monday, February 2, 2009

Disappearing Act!


Have you ever lost something in your own house?? And I mean really lost it, not misplaced it until you remembered where you put it.

About a week or so ago my hair brush went missing. Everything in my day to day life has it's own place! If I have learned one thing in my 30 years it is that being organized makes life SO much easier! As soon as I get done using my brush, I open the top drawer in my bathroom and there I put it. On the left side in its spot. Well, the morning in question I did Regan's hair as usual with her sitting on the counter in between the sinks. As soon as I got done, and before I even lifted her to put her on the floor I opened the drawer and threw my brush in the drawer. Well, the next morning I open it and find no brush! I immediately call Regan in and ask her what she did with it! She loves to get my brush, even though I have equipped her with a few of her own, to brush her baby's hair. She said she didn't touch it and I just said I guess I will find it when I clean your room next.

We have since cleaned her room, and of course the house multiple times since the day my brush went missing and do you know the thing is no where to be found!? I am so aggravated!! You'd think by now it would have turned up even though we all swear none of us touched it! I wonder if it will ever turn up or if it grew legs and walked away!

This is not the first time this has happened either! When I was in Jr High our cable remote went missing. I of course was the child and to blame. And I didn't really watch TV much back then and hadn't even touched it. I swore they would find where THEY left it and I would gloat and tell them "I told you so". Do you know they never found it? How does something like that just disappear?! What gives?? All I know is it just makes me feel crazy!

A few days after the brush incident I was looking for my glass cleaner. I had used it a few days prior and it wasn't on one of the counters or under the sink. I was flabbergasted! I just gave up! Well a few days later I remembered I had "lost" it so I asked Bub to get one from one of the bathrooms, before even looking under the sink again. Well, while grabbing something else from under the sink what do I find?? The window cleaner! Sitting there right out front plain as day! Now I KNOW I didn't just not see it the other day. It was not in there.....but now it was! What the hell?!? I seriously have no idea what is going on! I told Bub he is probably messing with me and trying to drive me to the nut house!! But then I laughed and said not possible cause I already live in the nut house! LMAO!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

This is too weird. Just yesterday Rocky lost her "blankie".....at home.
It's NO WHERE!!!

And this is terrible. The tears just won't stop.

When I was a kid and things disappeared my mom always said The Man from Lafayette took it????