Sunday, February 1, 2009

For a Cause!


I am certain you know who Rachael Ray is! She is all over the place from TV to books and now she has her own pet food out called Nutrish . I actually have not yet tried it (or given it to Samara should I say) but I did get online HERE to get a free sample! Now, in over a year I have yet to pose as a soliciter or be one to market things! So why now?

My point to this blog is not really to market Nutrish per say. What is really on my mind is the concept behind this dog food. Did you know that 100% of the proceeds of this product goes directly to charity?? (on her website it says a portion, but her commercials and this video clip say 100%).

Well, can I just say this is awesome! That someone would use their fame to not only sell a product, but to sell a product that will bring them no revenue from it! Can you even wrap your head around the theory of what the world would be like if each and every wealthy or famous person used their image to back a product and used all the proceeds for a cause?! Come to think of it, why don't they all do it?

How many millions does one really need? Is it truly necessary that Beyonce have more shoes than a person can wear in one year? And ones that may even cost as much as someone's mortgage? Do actors and musicians really need 5 or more cars and a few million dollar houses?? I am not saying they cannot have them, but why not do some good as well??

So the moral to this blog is - every famous person should back a product, pick a cause and donate all their proceeds to make a difference!! I think that really might be a way to help this world!!

No comments: