Friday, January 23, 2009

The Edible Bowl

There is a very limited number of things I miss about Oregon. Very limited! Actually, since the list is so short I can share......

  1. My Family and a certain few friends
  2. Having a real beach within an hour or so away
  3. Experiencing 4 actual season each year
  4. Chowder Bowls
The point of this blog is the latter. Behold the Chowder Bowl!



I have missed being able to find these anywhere. Strange desire too, since I have only had these a few times in my life. They go hand in hand with going to the beach in the winter, which happened to be when we went most of the time.

So I saw these boules the other day and couldn't resist an attempt to recreate something I miss. Did it work? No! It didn't taste bad and Bub really enjoyed it. I think it is equally about the memories and the atmosphere as it is about the actual food! I guess it was worth a shot! And in the least I took care of my craving for a while I am sure!!

..................now if I can just find a good French Dip Sandwich!!!

No comments: