Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Rough Week!



I have been trying to figure out what happened to my kiddo! She has been like a whole different child! No joke! On more than one occassion I have asked myself, my husband, my friends and family......."who is that kid and where did my sweet girl go?!"

You know the terror instilled in all parents when the thought of "terrible 2's" is mentioned?? Well, this is a terrible 2 times ten!! I am not sure what happened and I hope it is over soon, but it has been plain rough! Know why a terrible 4 is worse than a terrible two?? Because a 4 year old's will power, vocabulary, ability of expression and attitude are a vicious combination....especially when it's coming from a determined and very smart one! Couple all of that with a child who really wants something and we are all in for a treat ! For lack of a better word!

The past week has been horrible! It really was over night and Bub and I were left without even a plan of action! A few days ago I decided maybe it was one of those food things. So I started looking at things online. I didn't find too much info, but decided we were going to go with candy free for now to see. No real change! We have had to walk out of Walmart because of pure meltdowns and everything is a battle and usually ends in her flipping out and us yelling, spanking or taking something away. It sucks!!

Last night something dawned on me. For the past week and a half she has been taking medications for a cold. Now, these are two meds she has taken previously, so I didn't think anything of it. But she has never taken them for an extended amount of days - more than 2 actually. The two are Triamenic brand. One is the Flu and the other the Night Time Cough & Cold. So last night I decide we will omit these even if she has a little cough. So this morning, no dose and the morning went off without a hitch or problem! We all got ready and took her to school. I asked to school if they had been dealing with behaviors and they said no. So, when we get her this evening and in the next few days I will be able to see if it was infact the medications. They truly are the only thing that has been different daily. And I REALLY want my daughter back!!

I will update by tomorrow if things are back to normal!

No comments: