Monday, January 5, 2009

I LOVE to Dance!

I have always had a love of dance! I took classes when I was 8 or 9. Didn't really enjoy it much though. Tap - really never my thing! Ballet - grace is not something in my genes! lol I guess I lost interest and my mom let me drop out. I think I looked cute in my dance costume though!



I think that was the first and only time I ever sported fishnet stockings! Hey look, my legs match the decor on the wall! lol It says I am 9 and my sister Shainah is 2 months old on the back of the picture. We lived in California at the time.

I remember dancing all the time! At home, at friends houses and no doubt down the halls in school! I ran across these pictures while looking for the one above. They are dated 1986. I was at the neighbor across the street's house in Lubbock. Not sure what I was doing - or what I was dancing to, but its the 80's, I'm sure if you use your imagination you can put a Wham song or something random and it will fit! LOL



s
And I of course had to find some more recent pictures of me dancing just for kicks! These were taken in 1999/2000 after I moved back to Oregon. As you can see from the pictures, it appears my dance moves haven't changed much! Well, at least when it comes to freeze frame!




Those were from a place a frequented called the Underground. They played a little of everything. In the second picture I am dancing the Cumbia - nice, right?! lol

Well, I don't have any more recent pictures than those! But hopefully I will have some to share soon! Last summer I started taking a West Coast Swing dance class! It was fun and damn hard actually! There are no constant patterns mixed with some turns! It's really fun to do though and really fun to watch! Since starting that class I met a few people who go dancing weekly. And in turn started taking a Latin Class. I found a dance partner from the West Coast class and we tried it out! It was unbelieveably fun! After the second session we started concentrating only on the Cha Cha (which is my favorite) doing more complicated patterns. It is fun! We have two more classes left for this session! I hope we can coordinate a day and time that works for everyone! I really am not ready to end my dancing yet! I really look forward to it all week!

Next week I will be taking my camera and hope to capture a few videos of me doing my thing! Maybe a few pictures too - who knows! Stay tuned till after Monday!

No comments: