Sunday, January 4, 2009

A 4 Year Old's Sleep Habits.....Or Lack Of!


I didn't think it could get much worse, but it has! I might as well have a newborn in this house for as much as Bub or I (okay, actually Bub) gets up every night! It is beyond ridiculous!

Because I have added FEEDJIT Live onto my blog I am able to see locations people visit my blog from as well as if they used a search engine to look for something and that brought them to read it! Can I just tell you that almost on a daily basis someone finds my blog by seeking info on 4 year olds that don't sleep! What does this mean?? Well, for one thing it means that I am not alone in my battle with this - and I guess neither is anyone else! Who ever would have thought that a child as old as 4 would not sleep! We not only battle at nap time, Regan now gets up a MINIMUM of 3 times a night. They are for various reasons, but sometimes it is just to get her daddy to tuck her back in.

I have luckily dodged this bullet for the last few months. He is still home from Gustav and for whatever reason, she doesn't ask me for anything when she gets up! Probably because she knows I don't tolerate it! She really does have her poor daddy wrapped around her little finger!

I really wish I had an answer to this. To help not only us, but everyone else ready to lock their kiddo's door so they cannot wake up the whole house every night! Do you know about a week or so ago Regan woke Bub up at about 6:30 in the morning and wanted to take a shower! Yep, you read right, a dang shower! And do you know that for two hours she came in and out of our bedroom fussing and whining and arguing about taking a shower! The worst part is this happened to be the only day for a week and a half that we all could sleep in and were going to stay home all day and just relax. And for some reason she wanted to take a shower at the butt crack of dawn! Sigh!

I keep wondering if it has to do with her Daddy being in so long! Once he gets called back out to work I will report back on the subject to see if it's just because he lets her get away with it or if she just doesn't sleep!

2 comments:

Stephanie @ Figments said...

If your daughter is still having problems sleeping, try this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Sleep-Habits-Happy-Child/dp/0449004023

I followed this book for both my kids and they sleep great - well, at least my oldest does. My younger one wakes up occasionally. But it still works!

Anonymous said...

I am a grandmimi to a 4 year old up at 5 and standing beside Mom and Dad's bed just staring until they get up. Glad to hear someone else is going through this!