Saturday, January 3, 2009

Astrology & The New Year




When I was in my teens and early 20's I was obsessed with Horoscopes. Anytime I would read a description of a Taurus is was amazingly accurate. I could never quite understand how a printed book could explain me so well. I of course assumed that each sign was described very vague to where it would partially explain most people, but it wasn't true! It would describe parts of me that no one really knew. In ways it helped me understand myself and my flaws a little better!



Going through life, I have let astrology aid me in understanding people. I know it sounds strange, but it's true. Knowing about different signs made me understand people more and even connect with them. I guess having a better understand of what makes people who they are helps me be more tolerable! My child for instance, is definitely a Gemini through and through! Gemini is the twin sign. And Regan without a doubt has two very absolute personalities! And knowing this has helped me with a lot of my dealings with her! Now Bub on the other hand is really nothing like his sign! Funny, right?! I guess with anything you have to take it as it for what it's worth! lol

But, if you want know about me I really don't have to tell you! All you'll ever need to know can be found on any Taurus description::

TAURUS

The Bull
April 21 to May 21
Ruling Planet : Venus
Starstone : Emerald
Colour : Pink
Lucky Numbers: 1 10 11 17 28 29 46 71


The second sign of the zodiac is concerned with money, true love, trustworthiness and security.

ELEMENTAL QUALITY : taurus is fixed earth sign of the zodiac and represents loyalty.
SPIRITUAL GOAL : in each incarnation the true goal of taurus is to find their soul mate.
PERSONALITY : POSITIVE : conservative, dependable, calm and loving. NEGATIVE : stubborn, and be warned - never betray a taurus!
SECRET TAURUS : takes the long term view.
RULING PLANET : venus.
APPEARANCE : sturdy body, face often rounded.
TAURUS AT HOME : enjoys comfort and luxury
AS A PARENT : of all the star signs taurus makes the best parent.
WORK : hard worker, prepared to work long hours, usually self employed.
LOVE : lucky is the star sign that finds a taurus partner, but be warned - a taurus will never forgive a betrayal.
FRIENDS : will expect absolute loyalty.
INTERESTS : painting, horse riding and collecting things.
HEALTH : watch your kidneys and thyroid.
FAMOUS TAUREANS : Barbra Streisand, Cher and Sigmund Freud.

Borrowed from Paraluman Astrology

I couldn't explain it better myself and anyone who knows me can attest to pretty much everything listed! I can explain most all of these things....with stories actually! lol


I am really not "into" astrology anymore. I do not regularly read up on anything or check my horoscope! I usually reflect on what I already know and can usually, based on someone's attitude can guess their sign. Today however, when signing into my Yahoo there was an article about Your Yearly Astrological Overview for 2009 I was curious so I went to mine. I must say I was surprised to find many of the things that I blogged about previously, my "resolutions" for 2009 were plainly written out for the Taurus for 2009. From my desire to slow down and enjoy life, to partaking more in my creative outlets.........I really am excited for all the things that will no doubt be happening this year! I just found it interesting that it was sort of written out already!!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Thanks for the comment! Love the description of the Taurus. As a fellow Taurus they hit it right on except for the painting & horse riding (for me anyway). My hubby would die laughing if he read that. LOL