Thursday, December 25, 2008

Starting New Traditions

M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S ! ! ! ! ! ! !


I do hope everyone is having a blessed day! I hope you are spending this day with those that you love and are making great memories!!

This year we have done things a little different. Since we did our "family" Christmas early, Bub and I decided to do something we've talked about and wanted to do for a while! After we woke up and opened presents, we took showers and got ready and headed to the Acadiana Outreach Center. I found out that they serve a big Christmas Dinner and pass out gifts to those that are homeless and down on their luck.

When I signed us up to volunteer, they asked that we be there for 9:45 am and bring a dessert large enough to feed 10 people. I am happy to report that the amount of volunteers was so much so they actually have to turn down some help! That alone just warms my heart!

I know there were well over 400 people served and the food was terrific! And the desserts was plenty! The three of us helped where we could, from cutting desserts to be served, to bringing drinks to people, to delivering plates, to welcoming people as they came in while Regan yelled "Merry Christmas" to everyone she saw! She really worked her little hiney off!

There was a choir there that sang to those eating for the duration of the meal. Everyone worked so hard and I think there were a lot of people who really needed today to lift their spirits!

As for the three of us, we really had a great time and it felt great to get up on Christmas and make use of our time! I really think we have found a new tradition to continue each year!

Well, it's 3:45 and Regan just woke from her nap! We have a 4:30 date at the movies to see the new Adam Sandler movie that opens today! I hope that everyone, everywhere is exactly where they want to be with who they want to be! I know I am!

No comments: