Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008










In less than 5 hours, the year 2008 will come to a close! Every year at this time I am not sure how to feel! Most get excited to see the current year end and a new one to start. I guess I see the bigger picture - being that with each year that passes we are all getting older! My baby is less of a baby, I am getting older, which means so are my parents and grandparents. And ultimately we all know what happens with age! Sigh! Thankfully I only get sadden once a year like this, but time passing just troubles me, what can I say!?

Well, before the year comes to an end I feel it necessary to reflect on my life in 2008!

Mid January I lost someone very special! The matriarch of our family, a beautiful person and someone I really, really miss! Mamaw, you are not forgotten and you are so missed by so many!



Life didn't quickly get back to normal after Mamaw's death, but I am happy to report my Papaw and the rest of the family is staying strong and taking it day by day!

In March Bub quick his job with Baker after being screwed over for so long. He found a great job with Tetra Technologies out of Belle Chasse. This has turned out to be the best thing he could have done for us! I was so scared when it was all happening, but we were blessed with this opportunity and with a great company!

In May I turned thirty!! Yikes! I was very afraid of this milestone - but in truth, 30 rocks! I never understood what people meant when they said you never really know who you are until you are in your 30's. But really, I get it now! I feel more comfortable in my skin now. I have embraced and welcomed leaving my 20's behind and life is good! I have always been very much my own person, but something just switched over! It was nice!!



By the end of May Bub and I decided we were going to put our home in Jeanerette up for sale and look for a home in the Broussard area. After searching quite a bit of looking we weren't finding anything we were in love with, and for prices that were pretty high. We then found that we could build a new house for about $10K more than these older homes we were in love with! So, we found a subdivision, a lot, a floor plan and put down a deposit.



June came and Regan had her 4th birthday! It is so hard to believe she is already 4! It really seems like not long ago we were bringing home a little girl from the hospital! Regan is a smart little thing! She learns things so quickly and just surpasses what a kid her age should be doing! Right after she turned 4 she learned to tie her shoes. And tie them tight and well, double knot and all!! A few weeks ago, she learned to add all by herself. She got flashcards as a Christmas gift from her daycare and by the end of the day she was looking at the numbers, setting out blocks for each number then adding them up.



By the end of August we were boarding up windows and preparing for a visit from Hurricane Gustav. September 1st, Gustav came and turned everything upside down. Thankfully Bub was in for everything so we weren't alone! We stayed for Gustav, but after 2 days of no electricity and an approximation of it being turned on withing 7 days, we packed our stuff and headed North. We ended up staying a few nights in Lake Charles and headed home when we found our power was restored!

Our home in Broussard was done at the end of October. We signed papers on the 31st and started the long task of moving! Before we could finish getting settled it was time to start decorating for Christmas. The holidays this year weren't the best! Our family is fighting so in addition to being without Mamaw for the first Christmas, half of the family was MIA! It was very upsetting! Bub turned 31 on Christmas Day! Awww, I love my OLD man! LOL



This year has all in all been pretty good to our family! The three of us are healthy and happy and together! Bub has now been home for 4 months because of the hurricane crap! It has been a treat for us to be able to spend time together!



No doubt 2009 will be more firsts for us! One huge one will be that our little girl will be starting kindergarten. I hope we are all (mainly me) are ready for that big step when it comes!

Here's to another full and blessed year! I have a few hopes for 2009 - I will let you know if they come to pass!!


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey Heather! Your blog is precious!

Just Being Me said...

Aww thanks! :o)