Wednesday, November 19, 2008

One Day at a Time!!

Man, I just can't seem to keep up with life these days! I fully intend to blog each day or so, but there is so much going on I'd either be writing the longest blogs ever, or 3 or 4 a day to cover everything!

Let me see if I can give a quick rundown of the crap that has been going on here. Our furniture issues are still not over! We got a call last week saying our replacement couch would be delivered on Tuesday (yesterday). When asked where our TV console was, I was told they didn't know where it was or when it'd be here. To give it 7-10 business days. I was like "from today?!?!". I saw red. It was supposed to have already been 7-10 business days frokm the 31st, when they delivered! Anyways, we went in on Sunday to fuss! Monday we get a call letting us know the console is in and will be delivered with the couch. Tuesday morning, we get a call saying that the console will be delivered today, but not the couch......are you KIDDING me?! I was so pissed! Bub was taking Regan to school and I was going shopping and out to lunch with Jeanne and Heather. So I got ready and headed over to Brown's. I was told they didn't know when who or what. That the console was never there for the first delivery and wasn;t damaged as we were told. That the couch wasn't there last week, and no one knows why we were called to set up delivery. I was like whatever. He ended up putting $100 back onto my debit card for the troubles! I told him I told a lot of people to go to Brown's, refering both him and Bryan my saleman. I told him I was about to have to reverse all of it! He didn't like hearing that! lol

The TV console did come today! It is awesome and well worth the outrageous pricetag! It has tons of storage, and this one we special ordered actually has racks for DVDs! Now if we can just keep Regan from playing with it and making the TV go in and out of it, we will be fine! lol

Bub still hasn't returned to work. It's weird definitely, but doesn't bother me a bit! We still have things to do and the more time he is home the faster we can get everything done! He went to a meeting Monday and they said they might not be ready to go back out until 2009! Crazy, right?! But since the pay hasn't changed it effects us very little! And thankfully we do not drive each other in sane with him home all day everyday!

You know my Aunt says that it is written somewhere that if a marriage can make it through building a house it is a marriage solid and meant to be. I thought that was a very good point until this. I think the REAL test of a marriage is one being a SAHM and the other being in the oilfield and home for 2+ months........ and truly we are doing great and having a good time! I am actually starting to wonder how Regan or I will adjust when he actually has to leave out again!

We have also had a handful of issues with the house. Nothing major, but still a PITA! We had the a/c draining into Regan's room, so at one point there was a hole in her wall....about the size of a door. We are waiting for them to come back to paint and replace the moulding and clean the carpet and replace the pad. If it's not one thing it's another, right?

I won't list all the little imperfections that are driving me crazy......I do love my house and the little things are definitely nothing compared to how great it is being in our new house! The walls are still bare, the garage is still filled with boxes that need a home and just when I get the house livable and uncluttered, we get the TV console in and there is more mess and something else that cannot be finished until we get some dhmi wires.........sigh! Hopefully the fence will be up with weekend, if not, at least a good start on it!

In other news I have decided to upgrade my phone early! When changing our address online for Verizon I noticed that I am only a month and a half away from my new every two upgrade. SO I started looking to see what my options were and my poor chocolate is no longer offered! I am crushed! The new chocolate is the 3 and it's a damn flip phone! What genius decided to turn the first slider phone back into a flip phone! UGGH! Anyways, I went into the store to play with a couple of the phones and maybe upgarde then. He said I could but that I wouldn't get the $100 off for doing this soon. No biggie. Well, I get home yesterday and there is a private sale offered by them and I CAN infact upgrade nowm the enV is one offered and it will come out free just like if I waited until Jan 7th! Cool, right? Hehee! So after playgroup I am heading back to the Verizon store to make sure I will be happy with the enV and then probably order it! Yaay me!

Well, as NOT interesting as this probably was I must go. I have an hour to get us all ready and out the door. We are heading to Kart Ranch soon!! :o)

No comments: