Saturday, November 22, 2008

Having Some Fun & A House Full of Critters!

Our house is definitely never without laughter! This is in part by having a very creative and fun little girl in the house! Sometimes......okay MANY times I look at her with a raised eyebrow and think, now why is the world would you even do that?! This was one of those occasions for sure!


I was sitting at the kitchen table when I heard the dog's kennel being messed with. I started to automatically fuss, but once I saw this, I laughed and ran to get my camera! I still cannot believe she was able to fit in there! lol And yes, it is definitely tempting to title this "discipline" LMAO!!





We now have a new inside pet! Samara is about 3 years old and we have had a tough time potty training her. I am starting to think this had a lot to do with the way our Jeanerette house is laid out. With the breezeway, etc. Anyways, once we got to the new house, we started trying her inside more. Then about a week later, it poured for a few days making our backyard into a huge mud pit. There was no way she could be outside. So we started walking her in the front yard to potty and she never once had an accident! I am so elated!! So here she is, our inside dog!!


I really think she is enjoying life inside!! She looks forward to snuggling up on daddy's lap every night!! And see.....plenty of room for all the critters in the house!!




So I bought myself my first Christmas Cactus and am VERY excited about it! I used to work at a Chiropractor's office before moving to Louisiana and the wife had the most beautiful plants. I used to admire them and wanted one for myself. Well, at Walmart last week I happened upon a few sad little plants for $7 and decided to try one out! It is so lovely and I honestly cannot look at it without smiling!!



So if you don't know, I LOVE to take pictures of my female cat Cyndar! I think she is just gorgeous and even at 9 she is still feisty as ever. She definitely runs the roost around here! LOL Anyways, here are a few pictures of her sitting pretty, playing on the chair and snoozing on my bed. I just thought she looked so cute on the black and white!!






Well, I know everyone is expecting pictures of the house, but I tell you it's been too rough to get everything organized! Just when the house was almost presentable, they had to cut the hole in the wall in Regan's room. This was the first hole. It ended up being about 6 feet high and looked like a doorway. Anyways, they have been in about 5 times to mud and texture and they still have to come clean the carpet and pad and paint the wall and moulding. So they have been tracking so much mess through the house. Then in between we finally get the TV console and it's been a work in progress too. Plus, every time we hang something there is a mess to follow that.



My hope is to get the house done soon! I was going to do everything tomorrow, but I just remembered they will be over on Monday to finish up and ultimately make me another mess! I do need to get on the ball though.....in about a week the Christmas decorations will be going up! LOL

No comments: