Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Turkey Day People!!!

I hope everyone was as blessed as we were to not only spend Thanksgiving with Daddy home, but also surrounded by family!! In my book, any day that includes family and good food is just a blessing!

We headed over early so I could try to take a family picture of my Aunt & Uncle and their boys. Don't they look great?!



It was a really nice day! I wish I had taken the time to take pictures of the day and of everyone, but I guess I got sidetracked! I did snag a picture of Regan carrying around this poor little puppy! She toted this little pooch around pretty much all day.....and it just let her! Too cute!



I attempted to take a family picture of us before we left for their house, I think it's funny, but here it is! Samara was trying to stick her nose in, so I grabbed her so she could be in it!



And a blog isn't complete without a picture of the "Ham" doing her thing! LOL



On a more serious note, we really have so much to be thankful for! And not just today because it is Thanksgiving, but everyday! My family lost it's matriarch in February of this year. It was a blow to all of us. Unfortunately the loss of this great woman has not only left a void in our family and an emptiness in our hearts, it has also separated parts of our family!

I am thankful that Mamaw was a part of our lives! That she was able to know Regan and they were able to bond!

I am thankful that Papaw has been so strong and has stayed around for the family! We need him.

I am thankful that my Aunts and Uncles were and still are there for him to give him the support he needs.

I am thankful for all of my family and all of the memories and special bonds we have.

I am thankful to be a wife and mother, daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece & friend.

I am thankful for a great husband who works hard and provides well for his family. He is truly an amazing man and my best friend!

I am thankful to have a daughter who amazes me and keep me on my toes each day. She is a blessing and I know we are lucky to have had her.

I am thankful for all of the friends that I have been blessed with! I am really surrounded by such caring and amazing women! They are awesome!

I am thankful for our health - mind and body and hope we continue to be blessed the way we have in the past years!

To everyone reading this ~ I hope you and yours are truly blessed for years to come! I hope that you appreciate each moment you have with the ones you love and make the best of it.

Happy Thanksgiving 2008! Be Blessed!!!

No comments: