Friday, September 26, 2008

It's Friday! A Day of Family, Shopping & Fun!

Today has been a great day!! It's nice to just do the little things and not worry about being on time and all the places you HAVE to be! That, is my everyday! But today, was different!!

We decided to skip playgroup today and go visit Papaw. I called him about 9 am and told us we were coming around lunch time instead of late afternoon like we usually do and that I was bringing plate lunches.

We all piddled around the house this morning (which felt SO good!) before getting ready and heading out! We ended up leaving with just enough time to get to Theriot's to get plate lunches. (BTW, the Etouffee was fabulous!) We went and had lunch with Papaw, which was very nice! I think it really set the ton for the day!

After we left Papaw's we headed to Kmart. They had a summer sale.....which is really funny since it's still warm here and will be for a few more months! LOL Anyways, all their summer clothes was on sale for $3.99.....women's, men, children's and even the PJ's - which is what I bought a bunch of! We shopped a little more after then headed to this wholesale place on 182 that we have never been in. They are only open M-W-F from 12-6 and those are the times when Regan isn't in school and either has dance or playgroup. Plus......it's easier to shop at places like that without her!

We got some really great finds and my FAVORITE find is the small school desk we bought for Regan! I have had this on my list for months now and haven't spotten any at all. We didn't want a new one - even if they did come like this. So I wasn't sure if we'd ever find one. Even better still, cost...................$15! Woo Hoo! Not sure how old it is, and it does need a little TLC in the form of sanding and painting. Regan loves it. So much so, that she wouldn't let us keep it in the spare building until it could be cleaned well and sanded. She insisted it go in her room right when we got home!




On top of today just being a good family day, the weather has been GLORIOUS!! When we got home, Regan and Bub headed outside. They flew kites, Regan played and Bub started to clean out the Chevy. Then Bub, Regan and I had casting contests with Regan's little fishing pole! It was fun. And let me tell you, my little 4 year old would give any grown man a run for his money when casting her pole!! She is a natural!






The pickup.......So we re-bought the old 1970 choptop Chevy that we once bought and re-sold to my stepdad. Unfortunately the condition in which it was returned to us was nothing like it was when he bought it back from us. It was very sad and I was very upset when my FIL trailered it down here from Oregon! Anyways, after almost 2 years, we finally got the title and got it transferred over so we could get it licensed and legal. And a few months ago, while getting my oil changed I happened to find someone who knows about hotrods. Building them, fixing them, etc. So, hopefully this week Bub will be delivering the truck to Joe! For now he'll be tuning it up and installing the new fuel cell. There is lots to do!! Here are a few pictures of it now!






Okay, a little off topic and I guess we could call it bragging too..........

Regan can now, not only write her name, but she can write Momma & Daddy! I cannot tell you how proud I am! She wrote this for me the other day, without looking at an example!



Also, a few nights ago, Bub got up in the middle of the night to check on Regan. She seems to never stay still or stay covered up. Well, this is what he found...



Too cute! The cats have been sleeping with her more than us these days! I'm jealous! lol Oh and she is completely sideways in the bed!


The day is coming to an end! I am still doing laundry and we finished supper not long ago! Tomorrow is the Children's Sugarcane Parade in the morning and then we have someone coming to see the house at 2! I really hope something comes of this! Stay tuned tomorrow for some parade pictures and an update on the show of the house (if I've gotten one yet!).

Have a blessed night all!!




No comments: