Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hi Sugar!!!!!

Wow, yesterday was a full day from start to finish! Lots to tell and lots of pictures to show!

Yesterday really was a great day, even though it resulted in a sunburn! My skin is on Fi-Ya! lol
We got up early to get ready for the Sugarcane Festival Children's Parade. We were running late, as I like to get there an hour or more early so we can get "my" spot. We left the house an hour before it started and still had to figure out something for breakfast! So, we were late for the good spots, but we did get a good spot and we were towards the beginning of the parade. This is good because A: the marching bands and dance troops aren't exhausted yet and B: by the time the parade passes us, the whole city isn't trying to leave!

We swung into Mickey D's so we could do a potty stop before getting out there. Regan of course wanted chicken nuggets - which is an issue at 9 am! So we got a chicken biscuit and all was good! (btw, if you haven't tried their southern chicken sandwiches you are missing out. they are my new favorite.....just add mayo! yum!) Anways, we were unable to park in our spot with the truck bed backed up to the road because the cops closed Main St about a block before our turn. We did find a close parking spot, so that was nice!

We sat and ate breakfast while waiting for it to start, which didn't take long since we didn't go too early.






The children's parade is really cute! All the little schools in the area pick themes and they dress up and walk through town!


Regan thought the Shriners on the little motorcycles were hilarious!





Regan's friend Trey, walking with his school



I think the dance troops are Regan's favorite! I am a fan of the marching bands! The parade was pretty good. Regan got candy, which is her main motive anyways, so I'm glad the few who threw candy were throwing!! We made a quick exit and headed off to the Sugarcane Fair.

There was only a few people there when we got there! I loved it! No lines, no waiting......no body around! We bought a book of tickets and Regan wanted to ride the Carousel first.





After the Carousal, Regan and I played a game. Somehow while there I lost all our tickets! I was pissed! I am sure someone happened upon them while we were sitting there right next to them. I ran back to see if they were laying there by the game, but they weren't. There was $20 down the drain. And we still had to buy more! Ugh! I guess I made someone VERY happy that day! (happy birthday to you!)

Today was really the first time Regan rode a lot of rides, and by herself! I guess she really is getting to be too big! Last year on Halloween Regan rode the Ferris Wheel with Bub and I and was mortified! This time, she had a blast! Granted she curled her knees up to her chest and every now and then let out a nervous giggle.......but she did it all with a smile on her face!! :o)

We did ride this one dragon roller coaster that kicked our butts! It was Regan's very first roller coaster. And I think we would have been fine if we hadn't have gotten stuck in the very last car. That thing whipped the crap out of us. Rammed Regan into me, then I had to hold on so I didn't crush her around the turn. She hated it to say the least......the picture tells all!





And yes I am laughing! Couldn't help it!

Regan rode the rest of the rides on her own like a champ! She had a blast! Her and I also rode down a big slide on a burlap sack. She loved that one! She was ready to go back! If we hadn't have already spent $40 on tickets.......we would have bought more to go again! But she got to play a few games, won a little monkey and a ball, got a coke and some cotton candy on the way out and was pleased as pie!










After the fair we headed to lunch and then home. Once home we got the Chevy loaded up to take to Joe. Man that took FOREVER!!! But it was worth it and hopefully in the next few weeks she will be up and running!! I am really looking forward to all the things we'll be doing to the truck!




On our way to drop off the truck, we passed a crazy wreck! There were no ambulances when we passed, so I assumed the people were already taken. I hope no one was hurt badly!!



No comments: