Saturday, June 14, 2008

Oh boy!



So when did this parenting thing take a wrong turn?!?!
Who is this child and what did she do with my sweet little girl?!

The last few weeks Regan has been testing me at every angle.
Things that used to be so simple --> "clean up your room", to which she would
happily oblige and even vacuum too. Now I am told "I don't feel like it!"

And my raised eyebrow look......working less and less!
You know, the "excuuuuuse me??" look, followed by a slight neck roll...
Yeah, working not to much any more!

In the past few days she has written on her stool. I know, I should be
proud. She was working on her R's. Only it was a P. I must have
busted her or something and she didn't finish! lol But this is a
child who NEVER wrote on anything when you expect kids to.
You know at 1 and 2 when they are just all over the place!
Nope!
She waits until she is 3 and knows damn well better and decides
to make her mark on her bedding and her fabric rocker.
I couldn't believe it!
It is one thing when a child just doesn't know any better.
But it is asking for it when they are old enough and smart enough.

Yesterday I walk into her "sleeping room" (long story) and find
that she has taken scissors and cut off part of her little mermaid
doll's hair she got for her birthday. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
Surely she has lost her mind!

Yes, I know they are all kid things. But Regan is a smart girl!
Too smart and has been, always!
Which I guess is unfortunate for her since it gets her in WAY more
trouble when she does little stupid crap!

To make matters worse, she seems completely unfazed by ANY
of the threats to take away her privileges or toys or clothes or anything else.
What gives? I fussed at her tonight because she keeps making messes in the
living room. Every night I ask her to pick up her stuff and put it away.
Not throw it in her room. Well, she did it again.
I walked in there and she had dolls and dress up clothes everywhere!
We had only been home for 2 hours and the house was immaculate
when we left this morning! So I spanked her.
Completely unfazed.
I then found that she did something else.
So I start fussing at her. Do you know she is smiling now?! I of course am
fuming at this point and though I am avoiding yelling so far, I start to yell.
Which causes me to choke. So I am teary eyed from choking, still coughing
and trying to yell and........she is still smiling! Ugh!

Someone save me!

If not from my 4 year old...........
then from myself!!!! sigh




No comments: