Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Unfortunately, Bub is spending Father's Day in the middle of the gulf. My dad is in Texas. Sigh

But, thankfully we didn't spend Father's Day alone! My Aunt and Uncle made supper (bangin steaks) and I brought the dessert. Then we all floated in their pool for a while! It was nice, just them, their kids, Regan and I and Papaw. It was a very mellow day. What a blessing. Before we left the ice cream man passed and we all had a treat to boot!

You know, I get down when Bub is away for holidays. No matter which it is. I guess I never feel like it's worth celebrating when he isn't there to share it. Especially when it's HIS day!

It was nice to get out and spend time with family though! There are so few of us in our family these days. It is nice we make the time to be together!

And I think despite her daddy being gone.....Regan had a good time playing with Connor! She was all tuckered out on the way home!

On our way home!

No comments: