Friday, June 13, 2008

What's Up....

Well, I want to be upset that no one has viewed our house since it went on the market. But, at the same time, I am sort of relieved! With all that has gone on in the past week, the house has yet to be perfectly "show" ready.

Last weekend was Regan's 4th birthday party. Which was really fun by the way! lol We rented her an 18 foot water slide and it was a BLAST! The kids loved it and a handful of parents got on too! I think everyone had a great time. I know Regan did. And at the end of the day that's all that really matters!!




Monday, I had the final meeting with the builder and signed the official papers! No changes after this! Which is good in the aspect that we cannot ADD anything else! LOL We are right at $20K in upgrades at this point! lol Last Friday he picked up the building permit and by the end of June the plumbing will all be laid and the foundation should be poured! After that, it should be smooth sailing from there! I hope there isn't a bunch of rain or (gulp) any hurricanes that would mess up progress!

These are our cabinet, counters, and floor samples.

At the same time, however long it takes to build, we have to sell our house. It's such a crazy feeling! We want to hurry and sell, because it will be a guarantee that there will be no hitches in our plan and we will also know how much profit we will make. But again, if we sell our house in the next month we will HAVE to move out and find a place to rent, which I am sorely not looking forward to!! I guess I won't worry about not selling until the beginning of September. Then we might be down to crunch time!

Right now we've got $8600 to put down on the new house! I would LOVE to double that! And who knows, we might get close! Fingers crossed we make a profit on our house and can do it! We also have to buy a new fridge, have a fence built, buy new TVs as soon as the house is done! Thank goodness my husband is a hard workin man. He can pull it off!

Tuesday I woke up with a sore throat and by that evening I felt like shit! I woke up Wednesday drained and sinusy. So it's Friday and we are at home so I can recoup. I hope to get some things done, so it may be a blessing in disguise. I guess we will see how Regan acts today to determine how the day goes! lol

No comments: