Monday, May 5, 2008

Ready to Move

We've talked about it for a while and have finally made the firm decision! We are going to put our house up for sale and buy one closer to Lafayette! We are looking mainly in Broussard and Youngsville. We need to be centrally located so I can still be close to my family and not far from Lafayette. This will make most drives pretty easy!!

Plus, I have to think of the schools where ever we go and those areas are a safe bet! If we find what will work for us, dare I say forever, we can always opt for private schooling if thing turn for the worst.

I have been laying the ground work for getting pre approved. I have two companies that will be getting back with me tomorrow with the numbers. I hope to get a few things done to the house when Bub comes in on the 12th and put the house up for sale before he leaves. We are debating on doing a FSBO instead of using an agent to list. It's tricky, making these decisions. There are so many little issues we have to work out. One being that our two year mark isn't until July 1st. Which means we can put our home up for sale, but cannot "sell" it and sign papers before then.

So figuring out the best way to sell so things all fall into place is key. If we sell fast (this house wasn't even on the market a day when I found it and put in a bid), then we have to tell then they cannot have it for over a month. But, if they accept that, we are easily able to know it's sold and find a house with confidence!

I am sure there will be many more entries about this in the weeks to come! lol

BTW, I'll be 30 in 2 days!! Eeeekkkk!! (runs screaming!!!) lol

No comments: