Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!




Well, yesterday I turned the big 3-0!! I feel blessed to have even made it this far! lol

I had a WONDERFUL day - start to finish! I woke to Regan in the morning! I asked her if she knew what today was and she said "your birthday!" She then gave me the sweetest kiss and a big 'ol hug!! Bub even called my in the morning to wish me a happy birthday!!

We got ready and headed to my friend Jeanne's house who threw me a little party with our playgroup! It was fun! We did a potluck, my cousin Monique made this amazing brownie cake and I got some great gifts!!




That night a few of us went to Shangri-la for Hibachi (which was SO good) and then next door to the Daiquiri place! It was a great day from start to finish!






I am looking at the upcoming year with a great outlook! I was dreading stepping out of my 20's. Dreading it with every fiber of my being. But as it approached and was finally here, I found myself looking at my life and being happy about it. While getting dressed this morning I took a long look at myself. Looking for the wrinkles or the lines or even a possible sign of aging. You know what - I LOVED what I saw.





I love being me! I have embraced who I have become in these 30 years! I am able to look back and know that I have lived life to the fullest! I've made some mistakes along the way, learned from them and moved on. I've taken full advantage of all of the steep climbs and deep valleys and easy plains of my life and realize how they played a part of my life! I am grateful that at a young 30, I am able to look at my life and smile! I am in a great place in my life! With a wonderful husband, an amazing little girl and family and friends that I am proud to say I know! I am truly blessed and just so grateful!!

So here's to life after 20's!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.