Saturday, April 5, 2008

Stupid Internet People!

I wish I could reach through my computer and slap the shit out of whoever is trying to charge us this $215! The charge was originally posted on the 3rd, which was Thursday morning. I saw it about 7 in the morning. And called the bank at 8 when they opened.

Well, it's Saturday and since it hasn't hard posted to my account it won't until Monday at the soonest. What does this mean. Well, it basically means that the $215 is in limbo and though we could really spend what is in our account, it will no doubt eventually bounce things. So we are unable to use any money in our account for fear of the extra complications it would cause. The bank assured us that any fees we might incur would be taken care of once they straightened this out. But I just can't see doing that unless completely necessary! So unfortunately we are using credit cards until this is sorted out. And I JUST paid one of them completely off! I even stared at the bill - or should I say the zero balance bill just last week! Sigh!

It's also torture since we are awaiting all of Bub's last Baker related things - check, per diem, retirement, etc. The waiting sucks! Especially since he decided to fix the Chevy and use that to drive to and from the ports. I think I am just as excited as he is to start fixing it up and getting it looking pretty again! I had actually hoped to spend this weekend looking for parts and maybe checking out some u-pull-it places or junk yards! BUT, since we have no money it will have to wait another week or two.

Here she is. Used to be blue and beautiful with a louvered hood. When we got her back she was half blue and half primered with some purple flames on the hood. It was very sad! So it's now mostly primered black. I think he decided to paint it white. He's been pricing a few places. Hopefully with everything coming in and the new pay he won't have to wait too long to get her pretty! Next we just have to get the title "found" and get her street ready! I can't wait!



Next week is Bub's last week of training. For all or most of the week Regan and I will join him in Houma. This is the disadvantage of having only one street legal and well working vehicle. But, at the same time, we haven't needed a 2nd car for almost 4 years! I told him we should just get another Element!! (insert HUGE smile here!)


No comments: