Monday, April 7, 2008

Good Surprises!

It has been such a nice surprise, the friends I have made since moving here 4 years ago! I never would have imagined that the desire to move here was really the best decision we could have made!

I have met the most amazing people and found probably THE truest friends I have ever known! In the past I have been really shit on by almost everyone I've been close to. Be it friends or family! I feel that I give 100% to whomever I hold dear to me. I am way more apt to offer help than to ask for it. It's usually my downfall. But I've met a lot of really great women! One I might even consider to be my "best" friend or if there was such a thing as a friend-soul-mate, she would be her!

I am very afraid to use the term best friend! When you get burned, you don't really want to label anyone as such. It makes me feel like it leaves the door open to get hurt! Plus, at 30 (almost) do we still call people our bests?! When you are married, is your spouse supposed to be your best friend?! I don't know, the whole thing is confusing! Anyways, the point being, I have been doing a lot of thinking lately and come to a lot of realizations. One being that this little California girl has turned out to be my dearest friend and someone I know is here for me just as much as I am for her! And one of the best parts is she lets me do one of my favorite things - make fun of her! Which means she makes me laugh and keeps me on my toes!! Regan adores her and her daughter and I find we always find more and more ways to hang out!! I guess she is my road dawg! lol

No comments: