Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Secret Life....


So last year sometime I started watching a show called "Secret Life of the American Teenager". I doubted I would continue to watch it, but I scheduled to DVR it anyways. The commercials talked about a girl who gets pregnant the first time she has sex at band camp with the bad boy. It seemed worth checking it out.

Well, it is the second season and for reasons unbeknown to me, I have continued to record and watch it into it's second season.

Let me tell you, this show is CRAZY! I think I got hooked when the Christian girl in this series decided to have sex with her boyfriend, of course going against their religious beliefs. She happened to fight with her dad about it, he left on a plane to go somewhere and the plane went down and he died........and she blamed his death on the fact that she had sex and enjoyed it. I still am like, "are you kidding me?".

This series is just outrageous! Sex is the number one topic and it's just weird. And somehow I cannot seem to turn off the train wreck!

The reason for me even bringing this up is because the show hit an all time high....or maybe I should say low. The mom of the Christian told her daughter that maybe she could sustain from having sex if she "took it into her own hands". So then the girl starts having these "trysts" with herself! And if that wasn't weird, she proceeds to go to school and start a "Just Say Me" campaign telling girls that if they just masturbate, they don't need boys or to have sex! Someone made stickers and posters......utterly ridiculous!

It really is laughable. I mean, really?! I know a TV show is just a show, but usually they are based on the possibility that something could happen. How many people talk to their children about masturbation?! As in - they should do it?! And how many teenage girls would think it is perfectly acceptable to start a masturbation campaign at school?? Some things just never cease to amaze me! lol

Anyways, if you are ever in need of a WTF sort of show.....you should definitely check it out! lol
.................But don't say I didn't warn you! :O)

**Molly Ringwald, Kathy Kinney and Mayim Bialik are some of the bigger names in the show.....


<span class=

No comments: