Thursday, August 20, 2009

School Days!

Well, my little lady's first day of Kindergarten has come and gone!

Surprisingly we both did rather well! No tears from either of us!

The walk back down the hall, and she is the LAST class at the end of the hall, was hard. I had a huge lump in my throat and my nose starting to sting because I was fighting back the crying! There were far too many parents and teachers near the front doors to be crying on my way out! Plus I knew there were a lot of people waiting to hear if I had been able to hold it together or not! lol I had to prove myself and them wrong! heehee!

I was very excited and impatient to pick Regan up after school. It just couldn't come fast enough. And I have to admit the waiting in the car line was torture! But when I drove up and saw my little girl sitting outside waiting with her class I was happy! She glanced up and saw me and she got on her knees, grinned from ear to ear and waved! I pointed to her to go get in line and she did! I wanted to say screw the car line, I want to squeeze my girl and talk about her day....unfortunately it was a "Hey honey, hurry and buckle". But there was lots to talk about on the way home!

All in all it was a great day and I really am glad it's over.

I still wish the time hadn't come for her to be in school already! Bub and I are still wishing for the days she was home with us and we could do things on a whim. I think it's especially hard on Bub and Regan because they already don't get to see each other, and it was nice that when he was home we could spend all his days together. Now they are missing out on a lot more time. Hopefully we will be able to do okay as it goes on!

Well, here are the pictures from the morning. Her putting her shoes on and posing with Samara. I even snapped a picture of her getting out of my Element, though I really wish I had had the nerve to take one of her at her desk! But I didn't want to be that over board mom! lol











And here is a little interview before we left! I am sure I'll look back on this little video one day and cry! Sigh!!





Photobucket

7 comments:

Unlikely Oilfield Wife said...

omg, that is such a sweet video! it's so great that technology has gotten to where its at, so that things like this can be saved forever. congrats on no tears, I know when I have kids and have to bring them to the first day of school, tears will flow!

Just Being Me said...

I was telling my husband I never realized how much of a accent she had until this video!

Thanks for the comment! :o)

Heather said...

yay! I am so glad her day went well! Thats so exciting! I am soo not looking forward to next year when my oldest stats school. Not good :( I already cry just thinking of it! And I love love the video! Congrats on not crying!

Jenn D. said...

Girl, I bawled my eyes out on Jacob's first day last year!!! Cried all the way down the hall, out the door, and to my truck. Three different ladies I didn't even know stopped to talk to me and two of them hugged me. of course, they knew it must have been my kid's first day of school. I was a big wus and couldn't hold back those tears! lol! Glad ya'll both did so well :) It's hard no matter what!!!!!

Just Being Me said...

Heather, I have been stressing about that day since Regan was 2!

It took a lot not to cry. Throughout the day I would start to wonder what she was doing and picture her in that big old school and would fight back tears! Such an emotional thing! Who knew?! When I was pregnant, I never thought something as simple as school would be such a huge thing in our lives!!

Unknown said...

So cute. Wish I could tell you it gets better ... just harder.

Sara & Mike said...

That is so cute!

I didn't want to lurk without leaving a comment. I clicked on your blog through the NJM message board. :)