Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Love of a Husband!

Another Valentine's Day has come and gone and really, it's just another day! My feelings about Valentine's Day (and no I won't get into a tirade about how it's made up by the candy and card companies..) is that it is for new lovers and children! When you are married, you really don't need an excuse to do something nice or show your love or appreciation for your mate. Why?! Because when you are married and in love you take advantage of doing that every day!

In a few weeks Bub and I will celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary! Cool, right?! (well, I think it is! (o= ) And all I want for our anniversary is to be together! Because we are an oilfield family this doesn't always happen! I don't require or expect a big to-do or even a huge extravagant gift! Honestly my gift is the celebration of 7 years and within each of those years I get to spend my days with the love of my life! No amount of jewelry would make up for having a horrible marriage! So in having a great life with a great man all year - THAT is my gift! I am sure this sounds corny, but I am serious as a heart attack! If ever you've been in a bad relationship or marriage, you'd know how precious having a great one is!!

You know what I love about our marriage?! It's the fact that he and I are always courteous to each other! When I need him to help me with something, even if I am stressed or in a hurry, I always ask him and I always say please! And he does the same things! Life can get to busy and with the hustle and bustle, people forget to be polite, especially to those closest to them. Well, for some reason Bub and are never falter on being polite or courteous or kind to each other! I think that might be the secret to our marriage! We remain loving to each other and do not take each other for granted!! I truly feel like he is my soul mate! I know that I am lucky to have him and lucky to have the life that I do!! And Valentine's is not needed for me to remember or appreciate it!!

No comments: