Saturday, December 20, 2008

I love the Holidays....even though they exhaust me!

Christmas is fast approaching!! Are you ready??

All year I look forward to the holidays....all of them! I love the decorating, the festivities and celebrations, the shopping, the giving, the spirit and the extra excuse to cram lots of family time in there! By the end I am glad it is over and am ready for my life, my house and my routine to get back to normal!

This year's Christmas season has been like no other! I was overly excited this year because we would be spending our first Christmas in the new house! This mean new decorations and new way and places to decorate! It also meant we could put our tree in a spot not behind our couch like we had the previous two years! But when December came, we hadn't even finished decorating and organizing around here before it was time to start putting up the tree and decorating! It has been exhausting to say the least! We are getting it, and in a few weeks it will all be over and things will return to normal!

We are hosting "Christmas" here at our house this year! I have been attempting to do this for a few years, and this year it will happen! Unfortunately though, nothing is the same this year....nor will it ever be I fear!

We will be having Christmas early this year - this was originally due to Bub's work schedule! But I thought it a good idea either way so that everyone could wake up Christmas morning at their house and spend the day there instead of rushing to head off to someone else's house! One big change is the divide in our family! Since the death of my Mamaw, my Aunt has taken upon herself to single handily ruin our family! At first I was trying not to place blame, but I can see no other way to explain why our family - the few there really is, is no longer talking and cannot even spend the holidays together! I am angry and am about to cut ties myself! How dare she do this and it make me even more mad she is doing it in the name of my Mamaw. She knows damn well if Mamaw was alive she'd be kicking her ass right now!

I don't ask for much! But since moving here all I have wanted was to be with family. When I found out all of this was surfacing I cried and told her all I wanted was for us to all be family. At first I was very upset and depressed over it. But now I am just pissed! I think wrecking a family over money is just stupid and selfish and I will no more be the middle man trying to be friendly with everyone! YOU have personally taken something very special away from my and my daughter and I hate you for it!


Anyways, now that that is out, on to better things!!

We have a few traditions of our own!!

We do Breakfast with Santa at the Zoo of Acadiana.





We will now be doing the Christmas Festival at River Ranch each year. It was a blast! We got to take Nativity pictures for crying out loud! I LOVED them!! She got to play lots of games, chat with Santa and ride a Trolly! Oh and this was her first ever face painting experience!!









We go to Acadian Village to check out the lights and ride a few rides!











We had our annual Christmas Party with Playgroup! Always lots of fun! We hosted this year!!









We also finished up our Charity for this month!! We did great! We collected more than what is pictured! I am so proud of my girls!!!





Friday morning I went and did something called Christmas Wishes! Acadiana Outreach puts raises enough money to send 100+ kids on a $100 shopping spree at Toys R Us. They ask for volunteers to take the kids shopping and let them pick out whatever they want! I got a little 4 year old girl! She picked out a Princess bike, a princess makeup set, some play shoes and a phone! She even got to ride her new bike while we were waiting for them to load up the buses!! It was a neat experience and I think I will definitely do it again next year!!


What I hope to make a new Christmas tradition is serving Christmas Dinner for Acadiana Outreach! The three of us are all able to go and volunteer as a family and though Regan doesn't understandng what we are going to be doing, Bub and I are very excited and are certain Regan will get a lot out of it too! Even if she just has a good time!!

Well, I think I've covered most everything so far! There are lots of other things still to do, so I need to get busy!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL!!!

No comments: