Monday, November 24, 2008

Safari of Lights & Baking With My Baby!


We took Regan to the Safari of Lights at the Zoo on Sunday!
While I am a huge lover and supporter of the Zoo, I have to admit we
were pretty disappointed with the whole thing!

We went specifically that night because it was member's night. There was a
HUGE line to get inside. Then once we finally made our way towards the
concession for the Monkey Meals, there was a line all around the area.
We decided it wasn't worth it to stand in line for 20 minutes for a few hotdogs.

We then made our way to the train........you guessed it - another long wait in a line!
The poor train conductor was all alone selling tickets, making popcorn and then
driving the train. We made it a few spots from the front of the line when
he closed up selling tickets to go drive the train. I couldn't believe
they had him up there alone. By the time we got to ride he finally had
some help! But not only were they working him to death, but it made the
waits and lines so long for everyone!

Half the lights were either not working or had not been put up yet.
They were still working on some when we were walking through.

I doubt we will partake in this event next year! But I did capture a few
pictures of Regan while we were there. We left about an hour into it
and headed to eat at Taco Bell - Regan's choice! Then a little
shopping at Target.






Regan and I did some mother daughter baking tonight.
I needed to test a recipe and she is always eager to help!

Here are some pictures from all the fun!!


I swear I do NOT tell her to pose like that! LOL


Filling the Muffin pan


Sprinkling powdered sugar on top


Waiting and watching them rise


Time to taste


YUM


Big bite!


I think we did good!!


That completes our family fun for now!!

No comments: