Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Day to Relax

Well, I've been on pins and needles and have had a tight stomach for days now! We finally got the completion date, walk through date and closing date for the new house. We are scheduled to do the 1st inspection on the 24th of October and the final walk through and close on October 30th. I am so ready! But, this only leads to the fact that we have yet to sell our house! This is mainly because our real estate agents are HORRIBLE! (( A TIP:: Do NOT use Real Estate De Louisiane if you are serious about selling your house! You will regret it if you do!! )) Anyways, lucky for us our lender called today and said that based on Bub's income we are able to carry both mortgages. Thank God!! If this was not the case we would have had to say goodbye to the new house. I would have been devastated!

About a week ago we put an ad in the paper to rent out this house in Jeanerette and have had a lot of calls about it. About an hour after our lender called to give us the good news, we scheduled a meeting with some possible tenants. They seem to be a really great fit for our house. And their situation leaves them flexible for a move in date, which is what we need since we close at the end of the month, and Bub isn't scheduled to be home.

Anyways, these two things have made it easier for me to relax! Now there is just a little bit more paperwork, some more waiting then the whole packing and moving thing! Ugh! But getting in the new house will make it all worth it!!

The house is getting done by leaps and bounds now. We went yesterday and they have done some of the landscaping, have added the sinks and counters in the bathroom and the sink in the kitchen. They had also started the backsplash in the kitchen. I wish I could say I was more excited about this, but I actually am pretty upset about it. The spec house had the tile laid on the diagonal. I swear I asked to make sure ours would be laid the same and it turns out it costs extra and we didn't add that. It sucks! I really don't like the way it looks. Actually I hate it! But, I guess I have two choices, either learn to love it, or wait and change it at a later date. Maybe when it is all complete I may actually like it. But as of right now, it's not making me very happy!! I guess it could be worse! lol








2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so happy to hear that there is light at hte end of the tunnel. I don't know if you knew that we are also selling and then building, but we are currently under contract and have a waiting list of buyers, so we're very happy.

I don't think the backsplash tile looks bad at all, but like you I would have preferred it on the diagonal. I hate when people lay tiles in a boring square pattern, especially on floors. I think once you have things in you won't notice it as much. But just so you know, tile is easy to put up and it's also inexpensive, although builders would have you believe otherwise. I've done lots of tile work in my life, trust me when I say you can do this on your own, should you so decide.

The landscaping looks great so far. I love the tree.

Just Being Me said...

That is awesome about your buyers! Congrats! I wish we had been that lucky! :o)

I will update the back splash issue. Maybe as it is done I will decide to live with it. I have a tile book, as I was going to tile in this house but never got around to it. Thanks for the encouragement! :)