Friday, January 11, 2008

So here it is!

So, welcome to my blog - day 1!

I definitely have not started a blog because I think my life is overly fascinating! Interesting, maybe! Crazy, yeah probably! But it's mine and I love it!

This year has started out a little bumpy so far! Less than a week into 2008 I get a damn speeding ticket! I didn't even have anywhere pressing to be! I was heading home after dropping Regan off at school and doing some shopping. So yeah, it's a ticket, not the end of the world. I've gotten them before and I am sure it won't be the last! The kicker, I was only doing 11 over the speed limit. Oh wait, that's not the kicker. That would be the fact that a mere 11 miles over was going to cost me $263. Yes, you read it right! Can you believe it?! I got one is 2006 for going 22 over the speed limit in another parish and it only cost $175. Hmmm, someone is getting really crazy with the running of this parish!

Anyways, I called in a favor and (keeping fingers crossed) will be able to keep my $263 for a more worthy cause! I do know I learned my damn lesson and hope this will constitute as a 2nd chance!!

So the day after I am at a friends for Playgroup and I come out to a flat tire! WTH?! Thankfully it was fixable and Sam's offers a free fix - YAY! (the last flat and new tire cost almost $200) Though, to put the tire back on they wanted me to get back in line and wait to hours! Assholes! But, I was able to get it back on before my long trip home. Could have made out for an expensive 2 days! lol


There are many things brewing at the moment! My resolution is to be better with our money and save, save, save! I'll keep you posted as to how it goes! lol

Bub got a promotion at work to Lead engineer accompanied by a raise - Yaay! Next week I need to find out how the whole tax thing will work since where we live and where he works both take income taxes! From what I've read so far they are supposed to credit on one, what is paid to the other! I sure hope they don't take them both, because that means there goes the actual raise!

We are discussing moving a little more North! We are just too far from everything and I'd like to do it before Regan starts kindergarten next fall (09). But, we will have to see about selling our place and of course trying to do all of this with Bub's work schedule!

Lots to look forward to this year!! And I must admit, aside from my birthday, I am pretty excited!!!



PS - My Papaw fixed my ticket! Yaaay! I just need to take it as a lessoned learned and not do that shit again!!!

No comments: