Sunday, October 4, 2009

Yes, This Chaotic Life is Mine!

I have been a busy, busy girl lately!

Oh, who am I kidding?! I am always a busy girl!

Seems that when I finally get some free time, I find myself packing in events or things to do. I appear to need to want to squeeze in things when I need to take advantage and relax for a bit! lol

But I guess the need for activity and purpose is me just being me!

In the past few weeks I have signed up for a few committees with Komen Acadiana as well as started Volunteering!

Regan has had one field trip already and is scheduled for her 2nd one this coming Friday.

Every Monday Regan has dance class, Tuesdays we go visit Papaw and usually eat supper, Thursdays Regan has tumbling.

Also, since our schedule isn't too crazy (HA!), I guess I thought that I could squeeze in being the Troop Leader for Regan's Daisy, Girl Scout Troop. I swore I was going to say no. That for once instead of being the organizer as always, I would sit back and be a follower.......

This lasted all of 1o minutes since they wanted a new troop formed and someone had to step up or there would be no troop! With hesitation I agreed. I feel like a dummy, because my plate is full enough. But I decided this is something I wanted for my daughter. And if no one stepped up, not only would she miss out, but so would the other girls in the troop. (of course I find out later that one of the moms in Regan's class is a troop leader, and had she not been sick we would have been able to join her troop. But, since I am the leader, I am able to designate how much we meet and this I think will help me in the long run! )

So added to our schedule is a Troop Meeting the 2nd Wednesday of each month, followed by some sort of activity by the end of the month, then there are Troop Leader meetings once a month, oh and then there are the two classes I have to take. One of them was last week. The final one is Thursday.

I still organize playgroup, but Kelly does a lot really! I still try to see the girls once a week if I can. Between Breakfasts, Lunches, Potlucks and such it has been working out!

Really the only thing that suffers from me being so busy and running all the time is the list of house hold things I cannot seem to get to. Like going through the things I need to donate, organizing the closets and sorting through the stacks of papers and such. Oh, and cooking. I do not seem to find the time to cook full meals these days! It used to be when Bub was home I would cook a few meals, but his stays are so short lately and we are more so on the go it doesn't happen then!

So far we are all still happy and taken care of, so I guess a hectic life doesn't hurt anyone! Regan is doing good in school, loves going and looks forward to it! Bub's work is steady! Sometimes too steady, but in this economy I am not fussing too much! Especially since we no longer have renters in the other house and until it sells, we are footing the bill for two houses!!

With the holidays around the corner things will no doubt continue to be busy! But I love the Holidays and welcome the chaos! lol

Photobucket

No comments: