Monday, July 20, 2009

16 and Pregnant





So speaking of reality TV......another show I DVR and have been watching for the last month is "16 and Pregnant". Not sure what made me start recording and/or wanting to watch this, but for the most part all the shows have been interesting.

I spend the majority of these shows thinking to myself 'these kids have NO idea what they're getting themselves into!' One of the episodes a few weeks ago had my blood boiling! The father of the baby was going out with his friends every night while she was trying to get help with their baby tofinish high school. It was sad! I feel really bad for that young girl......cause it says a lot about the man she chose to have that child with!

Anyways, I just finished watching the latest show and I cried! This couple decided to give their daughter up for adoption. Neither of them grew up in a decent home and starting a family in high school with no jobs, they decided it wasn't fair to the baby. The couple they chose was awesome. I wondered if they were going to change their minds, but they didn't.

Seeing those two balling after the baby was born.....wanting them to take her out of the room so they didn't have to see her, just broke my heart!! To be that young and have to make such an adult decision. And not just any decision, probably one of the hardest ever! Writing this, I have a lump in my throat!

It definitely isn't hard to get pregnant. It isn't even hard to just accept it for what it is, ready or not and raise a child.....or in the least try your best to raise it. But to knowingly pass your child to someone else and go home empty handed.......just heart wrenching!!

Thank God there are people strong enough and selfless enough to chose adoption. Bub and I have, before Regan, looked into adoption since we didn't know if having children was ever going o happen. As a mom, I cannot imagine giving my child to someone else. But I guess if my circumstances were not good, adoption would be an option.

My heart goes out to that young couple. To hurt that much for making a very smart and selfless choice is really hard!! And on top of that, their parents weren't supportive the entire time! So sad!!

If you are interested in checking out this tear jerker - here it is





<span class=

2 comments:

Irritaed said...

Sounds like they made the best decision! I wish more people would be that selfless!

Anonymous said...

That gave me a lump in my throat just reading your post on it. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to give your own child for adoption. I don't think I could go through with it.