Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm SO Sad!!

Something I did yesterday just garaunteed that I will not be getting boiled crawfish anytime soon!! And if you know me....crawfish is some serious stuff for me!!

So let me start from the beginning!

Yesterday I invited my cousin over for supper! I decided to make a huge pot of chili and cornbread. I was in a hurry to get everything in the pot so that it could start simmering. Well, upon chopping my first bell pepper, and using a brand new and hyper sharp knife from Pampered Chef, I literally almost cut off the tip of my finger. Now I say almost because it is still intact because of a half inch of skin on the bottom that is holding the tip of my finger on!

Funny thing is when I tell or have told people that I almost cut the tip of my finger off they do not believe me and think that I'm exaggerating! I truly am not! Literally, my finger when pulled apart resembles something like this:::::::::




Disgusting, right? Talk about painful! I got sweaty and lightheaded afterwards and had to lay down! And it wasn't even due to the loss of blood. It bled very little! I opted not to go to the ER, later I found out I really need to go get stitches! But, I think I have done a good job keeping it clean! The pictures below are from today after I removed the bandage that was put on last night. We then put some liquid bandage on it and I hope to just keep it sealed and clean and dry! I cannot use it for crap! No lifting or squeezing anything. And lets not forget I am a mom and wife! I cook and clean and do dishes and laundry! I am SCREWED! Thankfully Bub is home and has been helping me do the things I really just struggle with! Anyways, it dawned on me on the way to get Regan this evening that there is no way I can peel crawfish! And I have been craving it for about a week and a half! I am devistated!! Sniffle! I asked Bub if he could just peel the crawfish for all three of us?! He was like HA! I said one for me, one for Regan and one for you. He said it would probably be more like, one for Regan one for Heather, one for Regan, one for Heather! LMAO! All I know is as soon as my finger is healed enough I am putting on a finger condom and bringing my ass to the nearest crawfish place and eating until I'm sick! Hehehe!


4 comments:

Kim said...

OMG, I just finished eating boiled crawfish (sorry) and that story just gave me a weak feeling. I am so squeamish when it comes to cuts. UGH, you poor thing. This will haunt me all night, lol.

Hope it gets better soon!!

Kendra said...

A finger condom?! LMAO!! Feel better.

Just Being Me said...

Kim....sorry, maybe I was a little more descriptive than necessary! LOL

Kendra, they really do have them! I had to buy some yesterday! They are hilarious!

Kim said...

LOL, I almost didn't scroll down to see the pictures. I went to bed thinking about it.