Saturday, October 25, 2008

Busy, Busy!

There is SO much going on right now!! We are actually, if you can beleive it are in the final stretch! We will be closing on the new house in about 124 hours!! It seems like it will truly never come!

I did the first walk through today. The builder and I tagged all the paint touch ups, imperfections and such! Most of it was really cosmetic, so that is great! And they finally changed the surround sound on the patio for Bub - thank God! I thought he was going to have to go postal on them! lol He was really upset when we set the wires to come out on the ground for the planter speakers and they put them coming out the roof! Oy! But they were fixed and that's all that matters!

One thing I did find out during the walk was that the sod only comes in the front! LMAO! I had no idea, though I am sure we were told the day we picked everything! We really absorbed a lot that day and most of it is really a blur!

At the end of it, everything is working out and before the end of next week we will have keys to our new house!

This weekend and into next week I just need to pull Regan's shelves and sand a repaint them. Same with her little desk! I think I may attempt to do that tomorrow! I also need to call the furniture stores and schedule our furniture's delivery. Friday being Halloween is really throwing a few things off, but by the 1st we will have everything delivered! The only thing in the air right now is whether Bub will be in or not. He is "scheduled" to go out on Monday as his normal schedule. Granted he has been home for about 8 weeks since Gustav, but I REALLY need him home in a week so we can get settled! I don't want to have to wait another week to get moved in after waiting 5 1/2 months for the house to be completed! But I guess it will work itself out!

Yesterday I picked up a few last minute things on my list for the house. And I am happy to say I saved about $20 per item, which made me happy. Target had the storage ottoman's on sale, so I picked up two of them. And Linen's N Things is supposedly going out of business, and since they are the only ones (I think in the world) who carried my saddle bar stools in my wood color, I went to pick them up. I got 20% off of each! It rocked! All I need to do is get a bathroom set and window covering for the master bath, curtains for the living room, front door, Regan's room and the spare bedroom. Other than that we are all set!!

Really feeling blessed.........and overwhelmed! lol


No comments: