Saturday, May 10, 2008


Mother's Day is tomorrow!! It will be my fourth!!

To me Mother's Day is a day of appreciation! Appreciation not only for the women in my life, but to appreciate the gift of being a mother! Being a mom is amazing! It truly completes me. It is really the most important thing I think I'll ever do in my life!

I have learned a lot about myself since having my daughter! Good and bad! I think it allows us to see ourselves in a whole new light! Regan is definitely a miniature version of me! Her humor, her animated way of talking, her independence, her love for music and dancing, her fiery personality! Funny part is, some of these things get her in trouble! There is so much irony there! Heehee!! I guess at this point I can only hope that I don't screw her up in some way! LOL God willing all my hopes and dreams for her will come to light! We all want the best for our children, but I have some generational patterns I'd like to break. So I am putting a lot more pressure on myself I think.

This will be everyone's first Mother's Day without my Mamaw. It's really hard to know how to feel. It hasn't been quite 3 months since we lost her. I haven't fully accepted it. I am in the ignoring phase of it right now! Trying not to think about it and let myself feel the feeling that are swelling inside!

We are invited to go to Aunt Jessie's for a BBQ! Bub does not come in until Monday, so he will not be with us, unfortunately! But I will have my family. And the one who has blessed me with the title of Momma!



No comments: